MDI WRITING COMPETITION
MDI is planning to host a writing competition regarding social media and its contribution to peace and stability in the region.
Topic: “Social media contribution to peace and stability in the region”
Criteria for entering the competition includes:
– Contestant must be a student (either high school or university)
– Writing must be contestant original work, plagiarism is not tolerated
– Writing has to be 500 to 800 words long and follow this format :
- Times New Roman, pt. 12, double spacing
- Cover page has to include student name, contact number, email, the name of school/institution.
Criteria for judging the writing are:
– Content: Arguments and premise presented are interesting, logical and/or factual that
suggest the writer has done thorough research, hence is knowledgeable about the
concept he/she presented
– Coherent: Arguments are presented in an easily comprehensible format
– Grammar & Language: Submitted work should not have any grammatical errors
(spelling, fragment, etc) with good word choice
Submit your writing via email: email@example.com
– Winner : 1,000,000 riels
– 1st Runner-Up: 750,000 riels
– 2nd Runner-Up: 500,000 riels
Top 3 writings will be presented by the author on MDI conference “ASEAN toward Regional Stability through Social Media”. The presentation shouldn’t exceed 10 minutes long. This writing competition is a conjoint event with our regional level conference “ASEAN Toward Regional Stability through Social Media”. This event will have international keynote speakers, panelists, and will be hosted on the 1st of September 2018 at CKCC. Top 3 writings will be presented and rewarded during the conference.